Common Fears For Those Dealing With ICBC
Our experience has shown us that people have some common fears and apprehensions when it comes to dealing with ICBC.
You ask yourself, should I be worried about dealing with ICBC? Yes, you should.
- ICBC is going to use every method on their power to reduce the value of your claim.
Is it wrong for ICBC to be doing this? No, it is not.
- It is their job to settle every claim for the least amount possible.
Should I worry about the questions ICBC will ask me? Yes, you should.
- ICBC is going to ask you as many questions as they can to see if you have prior injuries to minimize the claim by relating the past injury to your recent injury. If a prior injury has been fully resolved (fully recovered) it isn’t necessary to tell ICBC. This past injury is no longer relevant.
- One thing you need to remember is that everything you say to ICBC is recorded. The information you give them may be used against you.
It is not in your best interest to contact ICBC right away after an accident. The first number you should call, other than the police, is to the Tell Del office or a personal injury lawyer. This way you will not give ICBC information that has the potential to be detrimental to your claim or situation.
If your claim goes to court, they will assess your claim. A very important factor is how long it took you to recover from your injury. Tell Del does not try to settle your claim until you or your doctor say that you are fully recovered. This is important because as soon as you are fully recovered in ICBC’s eyes is when you settle your claim. Thus you need to make sure you are 100% healthy.
A couple facts for you:
- If two people are in an accident and it takes one year for one person to heal and the other person takes two years, the person who takes two years, will get more money. They get more money than the other person because it took them longer to get better.
- If you have suffered from a prior injury to your accident and you are fully recovered, you don’t have to tell ICBC about it. This past injury has nothing to do with the current accident and ICBC doesn’t have the right to know about it.
Tell Del recognizes that having been in an accident, you may not be able to come in to the office. If you are hurt badly and you can’t come in, we will come out and see you.We realize the severity and shock of being in accidents and our primary focus is to alleviate legal and administrative issues at hand so that you can focus on recovery and getting your life back to normal. When you hire a Tell Del Personal Injury lawyer, you can have peace of mind that your rights and interests will be taken care of.
We are located at #1750 – 400 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC. Here is a list of our team. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We offer free consultation. No recovery, no fee! We cover anywhere in Vancouver, Lower Mainland, and BC. We are here to help you!
BEFORE YOU TELL ICBC. We can help you right now. Before you talk to ICBC, contact us. Call 604-689-2626 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday or 604-TELL DEL (835-5335) after hours.