ICBC Claim Key Points
As a seasoned ICBC lawyers in Vancouver and with staff who have previously worked for ICBC on our team, we know the ins and outs of an ICBC claim. Here are some of the fundamentals we’ve learned over the past 35 years:
1. You do not have to report your claim to ICBC immediately after the accident. You can call a Vancouver ICBC lawyer first- call Tell Del and we’ll tell you how to deal with ICBC.
2. Your first contact with ICBC describing the accident and injuries is the most important statement you will give them. Tell Del can advise you on what to say to ICBC and what not to say. Or, as your ICBC lawyer, we can speak to them on your behalf.
3. ICBC has highly trained and experienced adjusters on their side, who are focussed on saving the corporation money. If you talk to them before you know how to deal with ICBC, you may say something that could minimize or even eliminate your claim.
4. If you have already contacted ICBC and/or given a statement, it’s not too late. Contact an ICBC lawyer in Vancouver right away-Tell Del can minimize the effects of the information you’ve provided to ICBC.
5. If you were injured and it was not your fault, ICBC is NOT on your side. They aren’t attending to your interests either. ICBC insures you for accidents that are your fault, not for accidents that are not your fault.
6. ICBC will not give you fair compensation for your injury if you do not have an
experienced ICBC lawyer representing you.
Call the Tell Del team for more information on how to handle ICBC claims. We know ICBC inside out and would be pleased to represent you.
BEFORE YOU TELL ICBC. We can help you right now. Before you talk to ICBC, contact us. Call 604-689-2626 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday or 604-TELL DEL (835-5335) after hours.